At Ballen Medical & Wellness, massage therapy is a frequent component of our holistic approach when treating stress, anxiety, and many other conditions. Studies have shown that massage aids stress relief, pain management and reduces muscle tension. Studies are also beginning to show that massage therapy can even help digestive disorders.
Have any questions about our massage therapy treatments? Call our office at (720)222-0550 to ask any questions or schedule your next massage.
Benefits Of Massage Therapy
While massage is often associated with self-pampering and short-term relaxation, the health benefits of massage go far beyond a day at the spa. The Mayo Clinic lists the following as conditions that can be aided through professional massage:
- Digestive disorders
- Insomnia related to stress
- Myofascial pain syndrome
- Soft tissue strains or injuries
- Sports injuries
- Temporomandibular joint pain
Our Massage Therapy Types
Depending on your needs, we’ll use a combination of the massage types below to help you
- Deep Tissue Massage
- Swedish Massage
- Sports Massage
- Hot Stone Massage
- Prenatal Massage
- Oncology Massage
- Lymphatic Massage
We often supplement our massage therapy with following additional therapies to create more relaxation or help with specific results such as pain relief.
- Body Cupping: Body cupping employs different sizes of suction cups to achieve myofascial release for the whole body. We often employ cupping during massage to relax the muscles more fully and make them more receptive to massage. Cupping also aids the lymphatic system and helps remove toxins from the body.
- Facial Cupping: Our facial cupping therapy utitilizes smaller cups to achieve the same myofascial release as body cupping. Perfect to release tension in the face, open up sinus passages, assist with TMJ issues, and even reduce lines and wrinkles.
- MicroCurrent Point Stimulation (MPS): Like electric acupuncture, MPS applies a small dose of current to the same acupuncture points as traditional Chinese medicine. It’s non-invasive and non-habit forming, and can help with chronic pain as well as the many other issues that acupuncture helps treat, including: lower back pain, neck pain, knee pain, tennis elbow, rheumatoid arthritis, headache, morning sickness, allergic rhinitis (including hayfever), and facial pain (including craniomandibular disorders).
- Aromatherapy: Aromatherapy is often the perfect compliment to a massage. We have a variety of premium essential oils for your therapy. (Note: We always discuss essential oils prior to using them, in case you have allergies or personal preferences we should be aware of.)
Schedule Your Massage Appointment Today
To schedule your massage therapy appointment or ask any questions about the massage-related therapies we offer, please call our office at (720)222-0550.