IV Therapy for OCD
There are countless people who live every day with mental health issues. One of the most common types of mental health issues is called obsessive-compulsive disorder. Commonly shortens to OCD, this is a mental health condition that can have serious and packs on your quality of life. If you are looking for assistance in managing OCD, we are here to help you. One of the options is IV Therapy for OCD. Learn more about how a holistic OCD treatment plan from Ballen Medical can help you manage these symptoms.
What Are the Symptoms of OCD?
If you have OCD, then you have obsessive thoughts that lead to compulsive actions that you would otherwise not perform. Lots of people have intrusive thoughts from time to time. What makes OCD different is that these symptoms are having an adverse impact on your quality of life. In order to be diagnosed with OCD, you have to have both obsessions and compulsions.
Some of the most common obsessions that people with OCD have include:
- You may have an intense fear of being touched or contaminated by germs
- You may be intensely worried about doing something in public that could cause you embarrassment
- You may wonder if you have turned off the stove or oven to the point that it prevents you from leaving your house
- You develop intense anxiety when objects are out of place
These obsessions can lead to compulsive behaviors including:
- You may have to wash or clean objects a specific number of times before you can do anything else
- You could end up constantly checking to see if you’ve locked the door to the point that you are late for just about everything
- You may have to count objects a certain way before you can move on to something else
- You may have such an intense fear of deviating from your routine that you are unable to finish everything on your list
It is easy to see how this can have an adverse impact on your quality of life. Fortunately, we are here to help you treat this condition.
How Is OCD Treated?
When you come to Ballen Medical or help with OCD treatment, we are going to tailor our treatment plans to meet your specific needs. We believe in a well-rounded approach to the treatment of this disorder. Some therapeutic options that we may recommend for the treatment of OCD include:
- CBT, which stands for cognitive behavioral therapy, will provide you with the coping skills you need to manage the symptoms of OCD
- Exposure and response therapy, which teaches you to manage the root cause of OCD effectively over a prolonged time period
- Talk therapy, which will help you figure out why you are suffering from OCD in the first place and what you can do to better manage it
In addition, there are medications that can be helpful in the treatment of OCD as well. SSRIs and anxiolytics can be effective in the management of OCD. Finally, we may recommend IV therapy for the treatment of OCD as well.
How Does IV Therapy Help with OCD Treatment?
It is incredibly important for you to treat your mental health; however, your mental health and physical health are related. Therefore, we believe in treating your physical health using IV therapy as well. IV therapy can provide you with the vitamins, minerals, and cofactors you need to keep your neurotransmitter levels stable. Among the neurotransmitters that play a role in OCD include dopamine, serotonin, and GABA. IV therapy can provide your central nervous system with the nutrients it needs to make a full recovery. Even though IV therapy alone is not going to be able to cure OCD, it can be an effective part of a well-rounded treatment plan. We will review the benefits and drawbacks of IV therapy with you before we get started. Count on our team to walk with you during every step of the recovery process.
Get Started with IV Therapy for OCD in Denver, CO
If you are looking for assistance in the treatment of OCD, we are here to help you. At Ballen Medical, we always place the needs of our patients ahead of our own. It would be our honor to help you recover from OCD also. We can help you develop a personalized recovery plan that will place you in a position to better manage your symptoms.
Our expert staff at Ballen Medical, are highly experienced in administering IV Therapy treatments in a safe, private, and nurturing environment. All of our IV therapy treatments are overseen by an MD and administered by a Registered Nurse (RN) or Certified Registered Nurse of Infusion (CRNI). We provide exclusive IV therapy treatment programs to clients all over the greater Denver area, including Boulder, Fort Collins, Colorado Springs, and beyond.
If you would like to learn more about how we can help you come out please contact us today by calling (720)738-8531 or by filling out the form below to learn how IV therapy for PTSD can help you.